Thursday, October 17, 2019

Another day spent close to "home"

Just relaxing in the shade this afternoon. It is 27 degrees C and sunny with a light breeze. Can't get much better than that.

How many morning quail do you see?
 
This morning we went in to soak at the La Paloma hot springs in an old part of Truth or Consequences. It is $7 each for a half hour soak. This is the third or fourth time we've done this over the years, and we have never got past 20 or 25 minutes before we feel light headed, mellowed out and (more) wrinkled. It is all good though!
Afterwards we went and got some more apples at Walmart, our second bag of a kind called Sweet Tango.  Just so crisp and sweet, we actually like them better than Honeycrisp.  

Under the solar-panel canopy at Walmart. The birds like it too.
 
Treated ourselves to a very late breakfast out from the Denny's seniors menu and hung around the campsite the rest of the day.

Campsite wildlife

A lovely afternoon at our site

Tomorrow we're heading to another state park, Rockhound, just southeast of Deming. We may not get in there as the weekends especially are quite busy with campers this time of year down this way, and we can understand why.  

5 comments:

  1. I'm jealous of your hot springs adventure. I'd stay the whole half hour!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think I saw five; I know I saw four.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I see 4 for sure and possibly a fifth in the shadow of the grill. I should be good at quail spotting.

    ReplyDelete