Wednesday, January 10, 2018

Getaway Day is approaching (maybe)

When poking around the van a couple of days ago, I noticed an odd puddle under the engine:


It seems to be a coolant leak. Very odd though, the van has just been sitting in the shed for the winter, hasn't been running since November. We've had a couple of very cold days recently though.

The dealer couldn't diagnose it from the pictures I sent, so I'll be taking the van in next week, weather permitting, and hopefully it will get resolved. I sure wouldn't start south with a problem like this lurking.

4 comments:

  1. Good thing you noticed that before heading off to far away places.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Amen to that Al! I know it had only been leaking for a couple of days at most, because I've been in and out of the shed doing van stuff, and the leak is pretty obvious.
      Gord.

      Delete
  2. Glad to see you're making preparations. Looks cold in that shed so it's time to head south.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yep it sure has been cold. It's mild today but we'll be back in the negative double digits (C) again for the next while. I'm starting to feel like Al, itching to hit the road!
      Gord.

      Delete