Monday, August 23, 2021

A couple of relaxing days on PEI

 

Multi-use trail near Stanhope

Nancy showed us (again) how to shuck oysters:

Local PEI oysters from a Sobey's store

Protective glove needed

Prying one open

The end product

Me trying my very first raw oyster ever

Yesterday Pat and I went for a bike ride near Stanhope on the North Shore. 

Pat leading the way

Lighthouse near Covehead

Gulls found a resting spot

Summer homes and their runabouts

A lookout rest area on the Robinson Island bike trail

The trail we were on

Another busy PEI "Secret" beach

Looking the other way at the beach

 



4 comments:

  1. Gord, you ate your first oyster!? How was it? Those are some tiny 'cottages' too!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was surprised how good it was, they look so slimy. I had another the next day.

      Delete
  2. Beautiful weather, great company, and time to explore — looks marvelous.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I tried Oysters when I was in the Navy down there back in 1966. I never tried them again!! The shoreline looks just as I remember it in that area from our little trip to PEI a few years back.

    ReplyDelete